Procedures For Washing Chemco Filter Cartridges
- Remove filter from system and inspect for damage. Do not re-use damaged elements with bad gaskets, dented metal parts or torn media.
- Pulse off line for approximately 30 minutes.
- Vacuum or brush off cartridge to remove any excess powder.
- Using compressed air (100 PSI maximum) blow the loose surface dust off the element, blowing from the inside out to prevent forcing the dust into the media pores.
- Use a standard garden hose or pressure wand and clean cartridges inside and out with a mild soap (i.e. Simple Green, Joy, Dawn, etc.) and water, until water runs clean.
Immerse the filter in warm (125°-150°F) water and mild detergent solution. If the metal components of the cartridge are galvanized steel, use a cleaner that will not oxidize zinc.
Soak filter for 15 minutes.
For extra cleaning, gently agitate the water by running an air hose into the container holding the filter. Also, a hot spray wand (not exceeding 150°F) may be used.
- Rinse the filter with a water hose (60 PSI maximum) both inside and outside.
- Blow excess water off using compressed air (50-60 PSI).
- Dry filters prior to returning them to service for a minimum of 72 hours. It is not recommended to dry at temperatures above 160°F. The filter must be completely dry before re-use.
- Protect the element from dust during the drying process.